This is an excellent recipe from Pillsbury. This was amazingly easy and so good. We love sour cream, so we had that with it. I would just caution to watch the baking time. Cresent rolls generally don’t need that long to back. My crust was golden brown after 17 minutes, so keep an eye on it after it’s been in the oven for 15 minutes and use your best judgement.
My family loved this. I didn’t like the bottom crust. I was worried it would be soggy so I used drained tomatoes instead of salsa. And I added a can of green chilies. I am glad I added a can of beans because it would have turned out to be a wimpy pie. The beans helped to give it some body. Some corn would be good too. This was super easy to throw together. I used reduced fat cresent rolls ground turkey
I would recommend using the crescent sheets instead of the crescent rolls so you don’t have to worry about pinching seams together to form the crust. I made the recipe as stated but substituted taco sauce for the salsa (picky husband). This recipe was just ok. I would prefer to use flour tortillas or just made regular tacos because they would be faster and easier. The crescent crust didn’t wow us – plus it tends to be too much on the sweet side for savory dishes. Watch it carefully once in the oven – mine got a little too brown so I think the time may vary according to your oven. I don’t think I would make this one again.
2 crescent roll tubes
1 LB ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 or 2 diced tomatoes depending on size
1/2 small can sliced olives if desired
Sour cream optional
sliced avacado optional
How to make it :
- Lay out the two tubes of crescent pastry, thick sides in.
- Use some of the left over crescent rolls to to make the center a bit thicker.
- Brown beef and add taco seasoning.
- Lay beef in a circle inside of the laid out crescent rolls
- Add cheese to the top
- Pull over crescent rolls and tuck in under meat and cheese.
- Add cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, sour cream or whatever you desire for your tacos, in the middle.
- Follow cook time on the pack of crescent rolls, and once it’s done, you’re good to go!