What does pudding mix do to cheesecake?! We weren’t sure before this recipe. Now we know it makes cheesecake amazingly creamy and extra flavorful. If you can’t find banana cream pudding mix, vanilla totally works!
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease an 8″ or 9″ springform pan with cooking spray. Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together crushed wafers, butter, and salt. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan and up the sides.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat cream cheese, sugar, and pudding mix together until no lumps remain. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour and salt and beat until just combined. Pour mixture over the crust. Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan.
- Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway in the baking pan. Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour. Remove foil and refrigerate cheesecake for at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- Before serving, spread Cool Whip on top of cheesecake and garnish with banana slices and crushed wafers.